Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Hello, it's Joan and this week I made a Father's Day card. The paper line I used was "Forever Family" by Moxxie. The finished card size is 5"x7". First, I cut the yellow paper slightly smaller than the brown card base and inked the edges. Next, I stamped "Happy Father's Day" (stamp by Stampabilities) onto the orange paper and layered it to a piece of the green paper. The banner pieces were from the sheet of die cuts that match this paper line. (There are words on the backs of the banners - Family, Resemblance and Like Mother, Like Daughter - so you have a choice in how you want to use them.) I cut the banners to 2.5", 3.25" and 3.5" and pop dotted them to the card. Then I added a few small metal gears (Tim Holtz) and a wood veneer heart (Studio Calico).

You can get these Moxxie papers at the Speedy Scrappers store. The "Forever Family" collection has great patterned papers and is wonderful for cards and also scrapbook layouts!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dimension on the banners and the gears! Perfect fathers day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just perfect! Great line for Father's Day and I love that you used gears and the heart. Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete